Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition
The Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition Is Coming!This Year’s Competition Final Presentations are scheduled for November 14, 2017 at the Riverside Convention Center! (the semi-final round will be held on November 6)
The Student Fast Pitch Competition is an innovative program offered by Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) that gives CSUSB students an opportunity to jump-start their entrepreneurial dreams by presenting their business venture to a panel of investors and entrepreneurs.
The annual competition consists of up to 15 student entrepreneurs giving 90-second fast pitches to a panel of investors and other members of Southern California's entrepreneurial community. Each fast pitch is judged for the quality of the presentation and its investment potential.
Why Should You Enter the Fast Pitch Competition?
Students with an idea for a new business venture of any type are encouraged to enter. Why? By entering, you will:
- Learn how to present your idea to potential investors in less than 90-seconds and sharpen your communication skills.
- Get feedback from local business experts on the quality of your business idea.
- Have a chance to win the $4,000 cash prize for first place or cash prizes for 2nd thru 5th place.
What Does a Fast Pitch Sound Like?Find out here as the five (5) finalists for the Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition at Cal State University San Bernardino make their 90-second pitches to an audience of nearly 900 business leaders.
How Do I Enter?
Entering the Fast Pitch Competition is easy! All you need to do is:
Submit your entry by Sunday, October 15 at 11:59 pm. Once your application is received along with a 250-word summary of the business concept, you will be in the running to be one of the 15 students selected to make a fast pitch at the qualifying event on November 6. At the qualifying event our panel of judges (investors, entrepreneurs) select the top 5 students who will receive additional mentoring and coaching in preparation of making their pitch at the Spirit of the Entrepreneur event on November 14.
If you have questions about the competition or entry process, contact Stacey Allis at Phone: 909.537.3217
or Email: email@example.com
What Happens After I Enter?
All student entries will be evaluated by a panel of experts from Cal State San Bernardino's Entrepreneurship program.
From the entries, we will select up to 15 students as semi-finalists who will receive mentoring and coaching in preparation of making a 90-second pitch to a panel of investors at the qualifying event on November 6 .At that event, 5 finalists will be chosen to make a final pitch at the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards on November 14 at which time the cash prizes will be awarded!
The following criteria must be followed to enter the Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition:
- All students entering must be currently enrolled at Cal State San Bernardino at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- All students will pitch proposed business ideas or businesses that have been in operation less than 1 year.
- All submitted materials must be the original work of the student.
The Fast Pitch Review Committee reserves the right to reject any business idea for the following reasons:
- Deemed to be in violation of the CSUSB Code of Ethics.
- Violates any local, state or national law.
- Appears to be pornographic in nature.