Dr. Mike Stull
Professor of Entrepreneurship Academic Director, Entrepreneurship program (BA & MBA) Director, Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE)
Joined the Entrepreneurship Team in 2001
Mike has more than 30 years of entrepreneurial and business experience that includes work in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors. Prior to joining CSUSB, Mike was involved in avionics manufacturing, business consulting, and economic development. Since joining CSUSB, he has served as the Director of the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB). He also serves as Chair for the Department of Management in the College of Business and Public Administration and academic director for entrepreneurship. He is responsible for program & curriculum management and development, teaching entrepreneurship courses, and overseeing numerous entrepreneurial initiatives. Under his leadership the program has raised over $28 million in grants, contracts and sponsorship and achieved national acclaim, including ranking as the #4 graduate entrepreneurship program in the U.S. from The Princeton Review & Entrepreneur Magazine, receiving the prestigious National Excellence in Entrepreneurship Education Award in 2010 from the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) and selected as one of the top 35 entrepreneurship programs globally in 2017 by AACSB International. In addition he has been recognized for his innovation and excellence in teaching entrepreneurship with both College and Department teaching awards, and received the Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY) award from Ernst & Young. Mike has more than 30 years of experience as an entrepreneur and business executive. He holds a BA and MBA in Business from CSUSB and a doctorate in Management from Case Western Reserve University.
Most Admired Entrepreneur:
I can’t pick just one! I’m a big fan of Richard Branson and all of our Spirit of the Entrepreneur Award recipients here in the Inland Empire.
Awards & Recognition:
- Best Academic Paper Award – 2011 International Engaged Management Scholarship Conference
- Cal State San Bernardino – College of Business and Public Administration – Outstanding Instructionally Related Activities Award
- Cal State San Bernardino – College of Business and Public Administration – Teaching Excellence Award
- University of California Riverside, A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management – Management Leader of the Year
- National Association of Small Business Development Centers (ASBDC) “State Star” Award for the State of California SBDC Program
- Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- County of San Bernardino - Small Business Advocate Award