Dr. Susie Pryor
Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship Associate Director, Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship
Joined the Entrepreneurship Team in 2017
Susie has over 20 years of entrepreneurial and business experience that includes start-up and ownership of three retail stores, a property development and management company, and an advertising firm. Prior to joining the faculty at CSUSB, Susie taught marketing and entrepreneurship at four Midwestern accredited business schools, and received recognition for outstanding teaching at each. Her classes were noted for the number of student start-ups that resulted. Susie has also consulted with small and medium-sized business on behalf of the Small Business Association and the State of Nebraska. These businesses have created 52 new jobs, accessed millions of dollars in new capital, and enjoyed average sales increases of 29%.
- ENTR 100 - Exploring Entrepreneurship
- MGMT 515 - Business Consulting
- ENTR 543 - New Venture Opportunity Analysis
- ENTR 544 - New Venture Development
- ENTR 545 – New Venture Resource Requirements
- ENTR 625 – New Venture Planning and Strategy
Social capital, new venture creation, serial entrepreneurship, archival entrepreneurship and marketing.
Most Admired Entrepreneur:
So tough! I love the energy and enthusiasm of Guy Kawasaki, so he generally tops my list.
Most Recent Publication(s):
- Pryor, Susie, Amanda Walter, Matthew Cole, and Taylor Thompson (2014), “Marketing Considerations in Emergent Wine Regions: The Case of Kansas,” Journal of Food Products Marketing, forthcoming.
- Malshe, Avinash, Kyle Paradise, and Susie Pryor (2013), “.Salesperson Listening in the Extended Sales Relationship: An Exploration of Cognitive, Affective, and Temporal Dimensions,” Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 3: 22, 185-196.
- Grünhagen, Marko, Carl L. Witte, and Susie Pryor (2010), “Effects of US-based Franchising in the Developing World: a Middle-eastern Consumer Perspective,” Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 9, (1): 1-17. Lead article.
- Pryor, Susie and Andrew Martin (2009), “Distilling the Meanings in Whisky: Scotland’s Whisky Regions as Subcultures of Consumption,” Whisk(e)y and Philosophy, Fritz Allhoff and Marcus Adams, eds, John Wiley & Sons: New York, 318-335.
- Pryor, Susie and Sanford Grossbart (2007), “Creating Meaning on Main Street: Towards a Model of Place Branding,” Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 3, 291-304.
Awards & Recognition:
- Ned N. Fleming Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012
- Outstanding Researcher Award, Global Institute for Business and Finance Research¸ 2012
- Champion of Character Award, SafeStreets Topeka, Kansas 2012